Learn more about the incredible world of VW. Here you will find the latest motoring news, covering reviews, launches,
announcements. For more amazing articles, please revisit this page as we update it often.
If you would like more information regarding our cars, please contact us.
Passat 1.4 TSI 110 kW DSG returns incredible result on an econo run challenge
Rod Kinsey, one of the directors of South Coast Volkswagen, and a support team, have recently completed an economy challenge in the Passat 1.4 TSI DSG.
Rod originally set out to drive the Passat from Pretoria to Cape Town on a single tank of fuel. However as the car was giving such good consumption on the way up to the reef from Margate, that they did a late change of plan and decided to start at Beit bridge (Zimbabwe border) and then aim for Cape Town.
Here are the outcomes:
- There were 2 vehicles in the challenge: A Porsche Panamera 3.0 TDI and the Passat 1.4 TSI DSG
- They got to Cape Town from Beit Bridget on a single tank with fuel to spare!
- By trickle filling the tank, they got 83 litres into the Passat (The Porsche took well over 100 litres due to the bigger tank size)
- No modifications were made the vehicles
- They drove the Passat at between 80 and 90 km/h in econo mode (the minimum speed for the car to stay in high gear)
- When they got to Cape Town, they continued travelling up the West Coast until the fuel ran out.
- Total distance travelled on one tank in the Passat: 2029 km
- Average fuel consumption: 4.1 litres per 100 km (The Panamera TDI delivered around 4.7 litres per 100 km)
Rod has done many challenges like this and could not get over how good this car is!
VWSA feels extremely proud of this result with one of their products and are very thankful to Rod Kinsey for demonstrating the outstanding fuel economy offered by the Passat 1.4 TSI DSG.
See pics below.
03 Jun 2020
VWSA BRINGS RELIEF TO LOCAL NGOS AND SCHOOLS DURING COVID-19 CRISIS
01 Jun 2020
VOLKSWAGEN’S T-ROC TO MAKE A DIGITAL PREMIERE IN SOUTH AFRICA
28 May 2020
VWSA RESUMES PRODUCTION AND EXPORTS
27 May 2020
VOLKSWAGEN’S WECONNECT GO APP NOW AVAILABLE IN SOUTH AFRICA
14 May 2020
VOLKSWAGEN PARTNERS WITH RACING TEAM TO MAKE MOTORSPORT MORE ACCESSIBLE TO SOUTH AFRICAN YOUTH
06 May 2020
VOLSKWAGEN SIGNS PARTNERSHIP WITH GERMAN GOVERNMENT TO CONVERT ITS PE PLANT INTO TEMPORARY COVID-19 MEDICAL FACILITY
05 May 2020
VOLKSWAGEN EXTENDS NEW VEHICLE WARRANTY AND MAINTENANCE PLANS
04 May 2020
VWSA DONATES BEDS TO NMB STADIUM’S COVID-19 FACILITY
29 Apr 2020
PRICING OF THE LIMITED EDITION GOLF GTI TCR ANNOUNCED